There are many products in the market you can find to apply decoupage paper. (When I was younger, I used to use Elmer's glue because it dried transparent!)
Maika Daughters carries a few that provide different finishes: matte and gloss.
- Prima's Decoupage Gel
- Finnabair's Soft Matte Gel
- Measure and cut the paper (super easy to cut)
- Apply a thin coat of Gel with a brush on your project. Lay your decoupage paper on top of the gel and lightly press it so it sticks to the surface. (You can use your hand, a cloth or a brayer to make sure it is completely adhered to the medium you applied)
- Once completely dried, apply another thin layer of gel over the decoupage paper
- Let top layer fully dry before applying a second coat. Do not touch your decoupage paper when it is wet